To cap off the recent Gamers8 festival, a summit will be held that looks to the future of esports. More than 1,200 delegates from across the globe will gather in Riyadh to discuss the most pertinent issues in esports and gaming at the in-person forum. These include ministers of sport from various leading nations, investors, gamers, developers, tech providers, start-ups, public sector representatives, brands and publishers. Here are all the key details regarding the forum.
Next World Forum: Key Details
- When: Wednesday, September 7 & Thursday, September 8
- Where: The Four Seasons Hotel Riyadh At Kingdom Center
- Notable Speakers:
- His Royal Highness Prince Faisal bin Bandar bin Sultan, Chairman of the Saudi Esports Federation
- Chester King, CEO, British Esports
- Mario Pérez Guerreira CEO, MENA
- Grant Johnson, Chairman and CEO, Esports Entertainment Group
Next World Forum: Topics To Be Discussed
Across two days, the Next World Forum will highlight:
- Key tech development challenges affecting the shifting landscape of the gaming and esports ecosystem
- Trends including cloud gaming, distribution platform development and appetite for fresh content
- The rise of thinking around impact-driven gaming, real-world impact and gaming for innovation across multiple sectors
- Solution-based discussion on government attitudes to gaming, ecosystem talent development and infrastructure development
- The emerging Saudi market landscape and opportunities to be part of its story
- Genre innovations, regulation, and legislation
Specific September 7 panel topics at the Next World Forum include: the Industry Keynote speech on Gaming and Esports as the Next Frontier of Media, Gaming as an Untapped Economic Powerhouse, and VR/AR and the Metaverse in the Spotlight.
Specific September 8 panel topics at the Next World Forum include: Governments as Ecosystem Enablers, Leveling Up Esports and Gamer Health, and Build it, and They Will Come – The ‘Third Place’ Experience and Rise of Gaming Venues.
What Is Gamers8?
Gamers8, from the creators of Gamers Without Borders, is a global gaming and esports festival with a mission to blur the lines between what’s physical and what’s virtual. Established to bring the virtual world of gaming and esports out into the physical realm of Riyadh, the capital city of Saudi Arabia, Gamers8 will be held for eight weeks this summer from July 14 – September 8.
Offering elite and competitive tournaments, entertainment, activities and attractions, incredible music concerts and shows, plus more, Gamers8 concludes with a gaming and esports summit that brings together sector leaders and experts from around the world.
The elite gaming competitions will host the biggest esports teams in the world across five different titles with a total prize pool of $15 million, all hosted in a state of the art, purpose-built venue at Boulevard Riyadh City.
Organized by the Saudi Esports Federation, the event is being brought by a series of partners including Mastercard, SAVVY Gaming Group, ESL FACEIT Group, Spotify, and Aramco, each collaborating to provide gamers around the world an experience like no other.
What Is The SEF?
The Saudi Esports Federation is the regulating body in charge of nurturing elite gaming athletes and developing the gaming community and industry in Saudi Arabia.
The federation’s activities are categorized into two complementary streams. The first stream works to develop all levels of competitive gamers, starting with the grassroots community level and moving up to professional esports athletes that can achieve global excellence. The second stream works to develop the entire gaming/esports value chain by catalyzing the industry and enabling talent.
Since its establishment in late 2017, the federation has organized multiple world-class national and international tournaments and events, attracted investment from local private sector actors and worked with international developers on opportunities in the Saudi market.
And that, ladies and gentlemen, was your rundown on the Next World Forum.